Week 4: Workshopping + Minecraft

In my workshopping piece, I had a bit of a freakout that my essay was becoming too similar to essays I've written previously.

But the class was so reassuring (all these are paraphrased)
Darlene: "You shouldn't run away from what interests you and what you're passionate about."
Izzi: "I haven't read much of your writing before so as someone who's reading it for the first time, I think it's great."
Mishka: "We've been in a lot of classes together but I don't think it feels stale."
Carly: "The only thing I noticed that was similar was the mention of another Barbie movie."
Callie: "Amanda, I've really missed reading your writing."

I love this course. I'll be sad to leave it at the end of semester.

*
On another note, my best friend and I started playing Minecraft on Saturday and I love it. Can't believe it took me so long to get onto it. I'm a complete noob but it's really nice just having a virtual world with him and building a house.

minecraft.net
*
On Friday, at board games, my friends and I did some 'Guess the Song' quizzes on YouTube. I thrived in the 2000s one but utterly flopped in the 90s and 2010s one.
I also had a funny moment where a friend and I were transported back to primary school and showed everyone the Nutbush.
My best friend also said he was in the Rhino group of swimming classes in primary school and I laughed so hard I cried.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2: My Heritage

Week 3: Pitching + The Prestige