a time capsule


It's Semester 2 2017.

I see Stud Park Shopping Centre in Rowville.
Chocolate frappes in the middle of winter. The beep of the tag on the Eastlink.
I hear Bad 4 Us.

*

I feel the ice-cold bus stop bench outside Springvale station.
I feel a Rubik's cube in my hands, twisting and turning, solving and unsolving.
I hear me:
'I just want a new friend.'
I hear you:
'...You win. No matter what happens, you win.'

*

I feel the scrape of a hedge as I climb out your window into winter.
My pink scarf--a hand-me-down from my cousin--smells different.

*

I smell the Essence Camouflage Foundation I bought at Chadstone.
I still see the marks.

*

There are parts I don't see--gaps and hollows like lines in blackout poetry.
The Really Bad 4 Us parts. 

*

It's Semester 2 2019. I'm at a dance teacher staff meeting, flicking through my phone looking for good French-themed pop songs. Spotify--Playlists--July 2017.

I see a bright yellow cover with two guys on bikes.

I hear Future Friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2: My Heritage

Week 4: Workshopping + Minecraft

Week 3: Pitching + The Prestige